In this project three partner of the LHT competence area "Bioactive Materials" are developing the next generation of hydrogel cultures.
Future applications of the hydrogels could be structured growth of nerve cells or muscle cells for tissue replacement therapy and personalized medicine.
The innovative hydrogels enable:
- biocompatible hydrogel generation at physiological pH 7.4
- tunable geletion-time from seconds to minutes
- week-long stability of the culture
- Tunable binding & release of growth factors
- Externally aligned hydrogels unlocking anisotropic, multiphasic gel structures
- High throughput compatible workflows involving ready-to-use hydrogel cultures
- Stem cell hydogel cultures with iPSCs, HSCs, MSCs and NSCs