Our workshop brought together Leibniz doctoral students and postdocs from various fields such as medicine, biology, engineering and materials science: In 13 pitches, young researchers from the Leibniz Association presented their innovation ideas and explored how active interdisciplinary collaboration can drive solutions in healthcare.
In addition, three Leibniz startups/founding projects from our partner institutes presented their path from academic research to product implementation:
Afterwards, serial entrepreneur Dr. Ulf Grawunder (Viopas Ventures) added his perspectives and experiences on how to bring innovations to the healthcare market and the hurdles along the way. in a world café format, participants exchanged ideas on CONCEPTS, TRANSLATION and CHALLENGES in realizing healthcare technologies.
As the opening keynote, Dr. Alexander Freytag from ZEISS Group gave a great overview of AI applications and a glimpse into the future of healthcare. And as the evening keynote, Dr. Markus Knaden from the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology introduced Leibniz researchers to the amazing world of ants and their complex communication. The Weimar artist Sandruschka captured the ideas and conversations with her graphic recording.
Special thanks to our participating partner institutes at the event:
- Leibniz Institute for Analytical Sciences - ISAS - e.V.
- Leibniz Institute for Photonic Technologies
- Leibniz Institute for Surface Engineering (IOM)
- Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden
- Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute
- Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology
- DWI - Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials
- Leibniz Institute for Plasma Research and Technology (INP Greifswald) e.V.