A new paradigm in material synthesis is emerging, in which living cells are used as active components in man-made materials to augment non-living matter with life-like capabilities. “Living Materials” promise to change the way we design technological and medical devices, and open infinite possibilities for programmable functions. Self-ventilating sportswear, bio-syncretic robots, self-renewing bioremediation devices, biosensing tattoos, personalized drug delivery systems or self-healing concrete walls are just a few examples.
This conference will provide an open forum for sharing recent advances and discussing current challenges and potential of Living Materials among experts and newcomers in the field. It will gather leading scientists and industrial partners, and tackle fundamental science and application-oriented approaches. The event will be organized with a max. of 100 participants.
Call for papers
Submit your poster or oral abstract online until November 15, 2019!
- Compatibilization of living components with non-living matrices
- Processing technologies for fabricating Living Materials
- Programming living materials with synthetic biology tools
- Technical application scenarios for Living Materials
- Special focus session: Living Therapeutic Materials
- Discussion forum: Risks, regulatory issues and future of Living Materials